Elmo, Big Bird and Cookie Monster

High Teas, Hi-5, Haikus

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Friday, January 27, 2006

It's all about the Ang Pow?

I was just thinking to myself the other day how much Chinese New Year has diminished in celebratory magnitude for me. First, the conjugal commitments meant no more collection of ang pows and then bitching about who gave how much :).

Next, with the demise of my last grandparent three weeks ago, family reunions have shrunk to just the immediate family.

BUT....CNY gets festive again when you have a kid. This CNY is Alicia's second one and to try and increase her level of cuteness (or rather for my own amusement), I've been trying to teach how to say "Gong Xi Gong Xi" with her hands and offer two kams in exchange for her ang pow.

Never one to perform on demand, she'll only do the "Gong Xi Gong Xi" fisted hand rocking when she's in the mood to please. And when I placed the two kams in front of her, she decided to do the taste test first.



Now that she can run around, I couldn't resist putting her in a cheong sum.



Presenting.....Miss Chinatown 2023......



Happy New Year everyone!

4 Comments:

At 10:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alicia looks so cute in the cheongsam!! Now if you can only get her to wear it on CNY itself :)

 
At 2:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

miss chinatown 2023... beware. it might just happen haha!
- shimian

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger Alicia said...

Abs adorable!!!

 
At 12:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so very cute!! charm.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home