Elmo, Big Bird and Cookie Monster

High Teas, Hi-5, Haikus

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Friday, December 02, 2005

The Idiot Box

With every new season of US network TV, there are usually a couple of shows on my "must-see TV" list. For years, that was Friends, but with the telecast of the finale (that had me bawling), it was time to move on (Not to mention that the Jen and Brad split just exacerbated the situation).

Fortunately, the TV gods bestowed not just one but TWO, fantabulous, highly addictive, primetime dramas last season, namely Lost and Desperate Housewives.

So anyway, I'm feeling like Lynette Scavo this week since I'm leaving my little domestic nest and rejoining the corporate world again! It was really hard to leave Alicia on my first day at work and my mum had to fend off my incessant phone calls asking if she's ok, had she eaten, did she have her nap etc etc.....

Finally made it through the first day, despite the continual mental battle that went on all day about whether I had made the right choice going back to work. Once I got home, from the moment her big round eyes spied my presence, I was greeted with huge grins and frantic "pick me up, pick me up" arm flapping motions. Sigh....to be loved so unconditionally...what a rush...

2 Comments:

At 9:47 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

hey did not know that you are back at work...oh but yes, LOST is fabulous..watched entire 1st season DVD over 1 weekend. Now have to wait desperately for 2nd season to come out in DVD!!!

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger Alicia said...

Aunty Alicia loves you unconditionally too! But it would be a tad naff for me to flap my discernably fatter-than-baby's-arms for some new-working mom affection :)

How is the job?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home